Mercantile ExchangeOf VietNam
Is trading commodities through Mercantile Exchange of Vietnam (MXV) legally recognized?
MXV is a national Commodity Exchange established and operating under Decree 158/2006/ND-CP and Decree 51/2018/ND-CP (amending Decree 158/2006/ND-CP). This is the first and only Commodity Exchange of Vietnam connected to the international commodity exchanges. Therefore, the investment in commodities via MXV is recognized under a complete legal frameworks and managed comprehensively.
What products are permitted to be traded at Mercantile Exchange of Vietnam (MXV)?
The MXV currently has 25 licensed commodities, divided into 4 major groups, including:
- Agricultural products: Corn, Mini-Corn, Soybean, Mini-Soybean, Soybean Oil, Soybean Meal, Wheat, Mini-Wheat;
- Industrial raw materials: Robusta Coffee, Arabica Coffee, Cocoa, Sugar 11, Cotton, RSS3 Rubber, TSR20 Rubber;
- Metals: Platinum, Silver, Copper, Iron Ore;
- Energy (conditional trading group): Brent Crude Oil, WTI Crude Oil, Mini-WTI Crude Oil, Natural Gas, Low Sulfur Gasoil, RBOB Gasoline.
What are the conditions to become a MXV's Trading Member?
In order to register as a Trading Member of MXV, a company must satisfy the following conditions:
1. Being a company established under the Enterprise Law.
2. Having its business name (in Vietnamese, in English and in abbreviation) that must not coincide with the corresponding name of MXV.
3. Having at least 75 billion Vietnam dongs of charter capital.
4. Being involved in no legal investigations during membership application.
5. Having its headquarter and technical infrastructure that meet MXV's requirements, its own official website and using paid e-mail service.
6. Having a proper organizational structure along with a transparent and strict financial management.
7. Having CEO/Director, Chief Accountant and at least 5 staffs who are certified to meet professional requirements in MXV's training programs, and at least 1 staff in charge of Information Technology.
8. Complying with MXV's operational conditions and regulations.
What are the conditions to become a MXV's Brokerage Member?
In order to register as a Brokerage Member of MXV, a company must satisfy the following conditions:
3. Having at least 5 billion Vietnam dongs of charter capital.
7. Having CEO/Director, Chief Accountant and at least 3 staffs who are certified to meet professional requirements in MXV's training programs.
Which documents are included in a valid dossier for membership application?
1. A membership application form; (form)2. A valid copy of Business Registration; 3. An audited statement of owner's equity;4. A commitment form with MXV’s regulations; (form) 5. A business plan for the next three and six months once being a MXV’s member;6. Criminal records of Legal Representative and Chief Accountant;7. Valid copies of Identity Card of the Legal Representative and the Chief Accountant;8. A copy of Chief-Accountant Appointment Decision and his/her Labour Contract;9. A copy of Company’s Charter;10. A list of stakeholders/shareholders having at least 5% of capital stake.11. A Resolution/Decision of the General Meeting of Shareholders/the Board of Directors/the Council of Members/the Enterprise Owner on joining MXV as a member;12. A Lease Contract of business entity's Headquarter or other documents proving the right to use that location;13. A list of qualified staffs authorized to operate commodity trading (attached to their Labour Contracts);14. Other MXV’s requirements (if there exists).
Which documents are included in a valid dossier for opening a Branch/Representative office?
1. Application form for opening a branch/representative office, signed by Member's legal representative; (form)
2. Meeting Minute of Board of Directors on the establishment of the branch/representative office;
3. Lease Contract for the location of the branch/representative office or other documents proving the right to use that location;
4. Decision on the establishment of the branch/representative office ;
5. Appointment decision and Labor Contract (in case of employment) of Branch Director/Head of Representative Office, Chief Accountant/Person in charge of accounting of the branch/representative office;
6. Valid copy of ID card/Passport of Branch Director/Head of Representative Office, Chief Accountant/Person in charge of accounting of the branch/representative office;
7. List of people allowed to perform commodity trading who are employed at the branch/representative office (attached to the labor contract of each employee): + Regarding to Representative Office: Those of Head of Representative Office and at least 1 staff who are certified to meet professional requirements in MXV's training programs;
+ Regarding to Branch: Those of the Branch Director and at least 3 staff who are certified to meet professional requirements in MXV's training programs.
8. A valid copy of Business Registration of branch, representative office.
In order to be permitted to trade energy products, which documents are required for a valid dossier?
1. Request form for trading future contracts of energy products; (form)
2. Commitment form with the regulations of MXV in trading energy products; (form)
3. Meeting Minute, Decision of the Owner/Board of Members/General Meeting of Shareholders/Board of Directors in compliance with MXV's regulations in trading energy products. (forms)
HEAD OFFICE IN HANOI:
16th Floor, Hoa Binh Office Tower, No. 106, Hoang Quoc Viet Street, Nghia Do Ward, Cau Giay District, Hanoi, VietnamPhone: 84 (024) - 3396 3939Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
REPRESENTATIVE OFFICE IN HCM CITY:
M Floor, Empire Tower, 26-28 Ham Nghi Str., Ben Nghe Ward, 1 Dist., Ho Chi Minh City.Phone: 84 (028) - 3535 6363Email: email@example.com
© Copyright 2017 - Mercantile Exchange of Vietnam - All rights reserved
Please kindly cite MXV as source of information when re-publishing news, posts, and bulletins from this channel/website.